Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Greetings! Catalina 30 owner here, considering an electric repower

 

I have an Electric Yacht system in my Victoria 26, similar mooring situation as you. Just so you're aware, if you're running a 48v system, you'll need a fair amount of solar panel real estate--about 18 sq ft--to charge the bank--not an option in my opinion. Your best bet is a wind turbine, and I have yet to go that route. Instead, I tend to pull my boat off the mooring and dock it for a 6 to 9 hours while it's hooked up to a portable generator. 


AGM batteries need to be maintained (topped off)--I've had to replace mine once already (after 4 years). I'm not sure there's a better option. Lithium would be even worse in regards to the intermittent charging schedule.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment