Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Bellmarine Ecodrive

 


On 16/8/19 12:39 pm, grundysj@bigpond.com [electricboats] wrote:
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I have 18' open sailing boat. I am looking to replace existing 6HP
> blaxland 2-stoke with electric propulsion. Based on what i have read
> on this email group I think a 2-3kw engine will be ideal.
>
I converted a 17" launch that had a Blaxland Twin in it. I used a rather
old design Perm 132 motor in a direct drive configuration. At the sweet
spot where the boat just starts pulling a bow-wave the system only uses
2.4kw of power.

After that point any increase in power yields little extra speed - the
power just goes into making that wave larger.

People often massively over power boats.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Matthew Geier <matthew@acfr.usyd.edu.au>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment