Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Sailboat Props - Data Please

 

I am not from a electrical background, so my expert help is mister google! I have the 10kw Sailboat Kit from Thunderstruck, also a Thunderstruck TS2500 charger and EVCC. All these components have been bench tested and work perfectly. The problem I have is that I have put my own 240AH LiFePO4 Himax battery pack together using a Batrium BMS. The Batrium BMS functions perfectly and I believe it is a great system. The 16 240AH LiFePO4 prismatic cells I got direct from Himax in China. The part number is 71173200. The do it yourself electric car conversion guys love these Himax batteries due to their small format and speak very highly of their specs. They are only about 220mm high including the the BMS cell monitors. These batteries fit down into the keel space of my boat and are very compact and light. The battery pack weighs about 82 kg and is less than 2 cubic feet in volume. Very compact and light for a 240AH 48volt system. Now the problem I have is that cannot get my charger to interface with the Batrium BMS. This is important as the BMS via CANBUS controls the charging. The Batrium people are not very helpful as the TS2500 charger is unknown to them. I am sure I can get the BMS talking to the charger, I just have to work out how. Hence my call out to any CanBus experts out there.

Links below to Himax & Batrium. Also attached some photos of the BMS set up and batteries. 


On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 3:20 PM tvinypsi@gmail..com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

What was the source of your components?  I'm especially curious how you put together a 240AH of LiFePO4 battery pack.  Sourced from where, please?  [ThunderStruck offers 180Ah cells as its highest capacity option.]


Are you trying to do it all on your own, or are you working with any "experts" on your project?

[-tv]
Tom VanderMeulen
Ypsilanti, MI
"Grace O'Malley"
Cape Dory 27
Monroe, MI



--
Kind regards Mick 0414 264 312

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Ryan <mryanqld@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (17)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment