Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Re: [Electric Boats] Battery replacement [3 Attachments]

 
[Attachment(s) from Michael Ryan mryanqld@gmail.com [electricboats] included below]

Hi All
I have been following this thread on Batteries with interest. I haven't posted for a while, my project is the 17ft Nordic Putt Putt. For my 48v 10KW Thunderstruck kit I personally went with 16 Himax LiFePO4 240AH cells which were the lowest and most compact cells I could source. They are only 215mm high including the BMS Cellmons which suited my keel battery box. I have been told that they do not need strapping together like some LiFePO4 batteries. They came highly recommended, but cost me about USD$5000 landed here in Australia and another USD$500 for the locally made Batrium BMS. I have attached the data sheets for those that understand the specs and would welcome comments on the products I have selected. Will be interesting to see how they perform. I have a contact at Himax there in China and dealt with them direct as there was no agent in Australia. They seem to be great to deal with and have good technical support.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 10:05 AM clh5_98@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

James,
Thanks for taking time to read this and give your thoughts about the topic. I'd love to use 400 Ah cells in a 16S1P, but unfortunately its not in the cards. I believe these to be more expensive and the physical dimensions don't work for me. Even CALB stopped producing them and the only other option I've seen are Wintston. As I'm not yet ready to chop up my battery box, I'm still in research mode

Chris



--
Kind regards Mick 0414 264 312

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Michael Ryan mryanqld@gmail.com [electricboats] | View attachments on the web

3 of 3 File(s)


Posted by: Michael Ryan <mryanqld@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (98)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
OLD batteries.jpg PACK WITH BMS.JPG

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment