Friday, March 2, 2018

Re: [Electric Boats] Help needed.

 

I would first of all consider how I'm going to generate enough electricity to move your boat since the engine you had in place before would be at least 15 H.P. that is equal to say an 8 Kw electric motor which is at 48 V = 170 amps on full throttle. Of course you may only need it for maybe 30 minutes just to get out of a marina etc. so just do some simple arithmetic and it should work out .

Doug.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:12 AM, andrew deeley andydee69@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I have a steel hulled 34ft yawl which I want to modernise.. At the moment it is fitted with an old, and I mean OLD sabb lifeboat engine engine. This so underpowered it is a joke. What I would like to do is replace it with a nice clean electric motor. Now for the question. What is the best way to do this. I am doing this on a budget so no mega expensive ideas. And most of the work will be done by myself. ( I have done some engineering and some electrical work). And help and suggestions, ( clean ones lol) will be appreciated.

Thanks all Andy 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Douglas Kay <dougkay8@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment