Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Re:[Electric Boats] 79 Hunter Electric Conversion

 

I have a 1976 Islander 28. Just bought the 10kw kit from Thunderstruck electric with the gear reduction and display for $3500 shipped to my door. The 5kw will work but is a little under powered for our boats. You also need to factor battery costs into overall price. I am going the cheap route and buying 8 group 31 deep cycle batteries. This will give me 200ah on paper, but because of only 50% safe depth of discharge really only 100ah. I wouldn't feel safe with less. After factoring in all the costs I felt the Thunderstruck kit with gear reduction was best choice because I would have spent $1000 to create my own motor mount and have the connections between motor and prop shaft. It's pretty much a bolt on Installation.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile



-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Electric Boats] 79 Hunter Electric Conversion
From: "smashukikz@gmail.com [electricboats]"
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
CC:


 

Hi folks I have been following this group for years, long before i even owned a boat.. Well I have had my Hunter for 2 years now and the yanmar sb8 is getting long in the tooth and I am tired of it's temperamental stinky messy ways, The other day a young lady at work was getting her face bashed in by a psychotic ex in the parking lot.. I jumped in and got her away from it.. almost got run over in the process, but all was well and I got her away from him. Long story short my work gave me almost 2k for helping her.. so Daddy wants a new drive system.. I displace about 7000lbs, I am 27 feet long,  I am looking at 1200 watt solar If I can afford the goods and space.. 500W wind  5Kwh Genny This is a 48 volt system.. This is a link to the motor I am thinking about

 http://www.electricmotorsport.com/ev-parts/pmac-g4845-36-48v-275a-motor-drive-system.html 

 Also in the mix is this https://www.mouser.com/new/maxwell/Maxwell-48V-ultracapacitor/ 

plus a modest  48volt battery bank 110Ah

But tell me what you all think... Does it sound nuts?

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: Matt <mattkaine@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment