Friday, December 29, 2017

RE: [Electric Boats] Battery choices

 

I know most of you guys are on a budget as well as I but for the $$ the LiPo4's are the best way to handle your battery needs. I went from 12 Northstar 200AH batteries at a cost of close to $700 ea. ($8400) to 48 CALB LiPo4's 180ah at $13k but you got to look at a number of things in the long run.

No watering system needed

I went from 1800lbs to 550lbs in weight  

Close to double my run time, you can run them down to 10% rather than the standard 50%

Though I had the space to put them all together in one location dealing with a battery that is 3"x5"x10" (roughly) allows for a lot of options as to where you want to put them

A life expectancy based on cycles of 5000 full charge to discharge. I estimate they will last me a minimum of 20 years.

No self-discharge do to just sitting there

Yes I have a very good BMS system but even that wasn't but around $700 and also a monitoring system that shows me the state of charge of each battery but I couldn't be happier with the system and how it operates. Just don't throw out the idea do to cost. Over the long run it works out to be cheaper in my opinion.

 

Steve in Solomons MD

Lagoon 410 S2 E  

  

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Steve Dolan" <sdolan@scannersllc.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment