Sunday, April 26, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Is there an electric outboard that can recuperate under sail?

Thanks Fred, I hadn't consider that possibility - how did you do, using a petrol outboard as a basis?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 26.04.2020 um 16:15 schrieb Fred Jelich <fastfreddy408@gmail.com>:


I have a home made electric outboard that charges under sail, though it slows the boat some.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020, 1:50 AM Caio <kaigereonspitzer@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there, I'm new here and I wonder if you could give me any hints on this question that I have been unable to answer (in the positive) by using google and sending questions to manufacturers. I have a 30ft sailing catamaran that has twin petrol outboards sitting in wells in the cockpit. As the cat has daggerboards and retractable rudders, I would not like to fit pod or saildrive type motors to the hulls, but instead replace the existing outboards. However I felt with the lower range of the electric motors - not to overload the boat with batteries - it would be necessary to recharge on long sailing passages - hence my question.

Many thanks in advance!
Caio

No comments:

Post a Comment