Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Re: [electricboats] AGM or LiFePo4

Some bms can be customized to have a high and low bms cut offs like the ant bms I use
But since I draw too many amps I cannot use it unless I add an external contactor (maybe one day...)
So I just use it for balance
From the little I know u need cc-cv charger (I think even lead acid chargers use cc-cv but different bulk charging?)
I had a old lead acid charger that the manufacture changed to lithium charger, so it can be done 
Not sure how it was done..
If your happy with like 5-10 ? amps charging there are solar buck/boost green chargers u can buy off eBay for 30-40$ that can use variable dc input like old computer power supply and give you variable dc cc-cv output 






I'm no expert but these have worked for me and my budget 



On Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 03:32:01 AM PDT, greenpjs04 <forums@greensdomain.com> wrote:


Wow!  Thank you for all the responses.  I will investigate all your
suggestions further.  One topic that came up but has me confused is the
BMS needed for LiFePo4 batteries.  From past research, I know that some
cells offered for sale are just that - cells without any BMS.  To use
those, I would have to add a BMS designed for LiFePo4 chemistry. 
DualPro's website says their chargers "can" be programmed for LiFePo4
but I doubt that applies to my 10 year old AGM charger.

So, moving on to the LiFePo4 battery packs with built in BMS's, how does
one charge those?  I found very little detail mentioned. Just things
like "Includes BMS!" and similar claims.  Can any charger with a voltage
above the battery voltage be used to charge these batteries?  In other
words, does the internal BMS fully protect the batteries by handling
charge rate and monitoring state of charge to avoid over-charging?

Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment