Friday, January 24, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Trolling Motor Propellers

Günter - Based on the materials I read, I am expecting a prop slip in the 10 to 15% range.  I derated the prop RPM to 1,500 RPM, but that was just a guess.  I am interested to learn more about the actual RPM that I should expect given that my optical RPM meter is not going to work underwater.  The 10 MPH is certainly the upper limit, the goal is to maximize the performance with the given motor.  Anything above hull speed is a win over the performance of my canoes.  If I get 1.5X hull speed, I will be very happy.  I am also interested in brushless motors, given the 10 to 15% increase in efficiency over brushed motors.  I am interested if you have a particular source or idea for a brushless motor setup.  I have been looking for a donor ICE outboard to convert, but I have not had any luck yet.  I am not ready to pay the big bucks for the EV outboards that are commercially available...
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30191) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment