Friday, January 24, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Epropulsion Navy 3.0 Propeller Dimensions

Let us know how it works out
I have an old 24v trolling motor Thai would like to increase the speed of too
Thx





On Sunday, January 12, 2020, 05:37, Keith M <penobscot17@comcast.net> wrote:

I would like to retrofit a higher pitch propeller on my 86# thrust trolling motor for a light weight (165# hull) semi-planing boat that is designed to go about 2X hull speed with very low thrust.  I have seen reference to the RC plane pusher props, but I am not convinced that the surface area and strength is robust enough for water applications.  The Navy 3.0 two bladed propeller, N3-LU05-00, is within 0.1" of the diameter of my trolling motor and probably a little more than twice the pitch (10.2 × 6.73 inch).  The trolling motor RPM is 1,800 with no load, which is 500 less than the Navy 3.0 specification.  Examing the pictures, it looks like a good candidate.  Prior to spending the $50 plus shipping, it would be helpful to know if the propeller will fit.  The key measurements are the maximum hub diameter, shaft diameter, and the shaft length inside the hub from the pin to the front face.  I am also interested in alternative solutions or ideas...

The trolling motor is a brushed DC motor, so I believe there is no change in performance for clockwise vs counterclockwise rotation.  The wires are easily reversed on the output of the speed selector switch and the speed resistors are not sensitive to polarity.  I will also compare the current draw with the stock propeller vs the retrofitted propeller to prevent damage to the trolling motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment