Thursday, June 20, 2019

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Albin Vega direct drive?

 

I do get vibration when the initial thrust is high and then it subsides as the boat accelerates.  At higher amperage (Above 40) I experience vibration, but I feel is still connected to the thrust force on the chain coupling that connects the shaft to the 2:1 reduction system.  I also experience vibration at certain RPMs, so I just tune the throttle accordingly.  Could be the bearings, but most likely is the chain coupling.

 

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups..com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:20 AM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Albin Vega direct drive?

 

 

Do you guys get any vibration with your Thunderstruck kit?   We get a pretty good vibration above 50 to 60 amps with our 3:1 reduction 10kW Thunderstruck kit and a prettty strong amount of vibration if you were to take it up to 140 amps or so.   I have worked with alignment and have it about the best I can, so I am stuck thinking either it is in the cutlass bearings or ??

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gennaro Fazio" <gfazio@rochester.rr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (36)

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment