Sunday, June 16, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Albin Vega direct drive?

 

I was able to test our regen for the first time today.   We went out and had a little bit of wind...not a lot but enough to get up to 4 knots.   Pushing the Sevcon throttle into forward just a bit seemed to activate regen and the motor controller started putting about 30 watts back into the battery.   At one point we hit 4.5 knots and I saw 70 watts going in.   I didn't really notice any change in speed if I had the regen on or off (putting the controller back in neutral seemed to stop the prop).  I left it running and we put in about 200 watts over 4 hours of just puttering around.   I would love to see how much we would get at 6.5 knots considering the prop doesn't really even move at 3 knots and was putting in 70 watts at 4.5 knots.  I would be tickled with 300 to 500 watts.

__._,_.___

Posted by: lightdoesnotage@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment