Friday, June 21, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Albin Vega direct drive?

 

Breaking belts that sounds like a worry. From my understanding high RPM and a tight radius smaller gear are the biggest causes of poor belt life. I have selected 8M HTD spec pulleys and belt. The belt is an Optibelt brand. I think that Thunderstruck use imperial Classic H spec. Do you know the part number of the belts that you use that will tell you the spec. The advantage of timing gears and belts is that it easy to go to a higher spec by simply replacing the gears and belt. I am going to get a spare belt. I will shop around as their are higher performance belts available which claim higher service life! They are more expensive of course. I think they use Kevlar fibre or something like that in the strands. Gates have one that I will check out. Would be interested to know what Thunderstruck supply with the kits.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 11:24 PM 66b6dcd5b59507e7d751ea81382ea1f6 <no_reply@yahoogroups..com> wrote:
 

Thanks. I have a 2 ft deep bilge, so not really an issue, but your point is fair.

John R



--
Kind regards Mick 0414 264 312

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Ryan <mryanqld@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (40)

SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment