Monday, September 11, 2017

[Electric Boats] Re: Motenergy ME1305 problems

 

Thanks all for your advice.

I replaced my hall sensor and have been running reliably although I haven't taken nearly as long a trip yet. Although I did not get to test my sensor, I would propose that the signal quality was degrading at higher temperatures enough to trip the Sevcon drive offline.

I'm going to cut apart the hall sensor and see if I can identify the component electronics inside and determine what their operating temperature ranges are.

I'm considering adding two 92mm 12VDC fans and a temperature PID controller. My cooling is ducted and a bit of a path for air to follow:

8x4 inch grating from outside into my Sevcon heatsink box ( a large aluminum box with cooling fins welded to inside to conduct heat away from the controller) that then feeds into two 3" flexible drier ducts about 6" long, that attach to an aluminum motor mount box that seals up around the inlet side (front half) of the motor casing. From there the motor fan spits the hot air out into the hull. So I am not only relying just on the motor's fan to pump air, it is being ducted through a maze before making it to the motor.

If I added fans, they would intake from the heatsink enclosure and discharge into the drier vent tubing, so in the middle of the path. Would have them proportionally speed up as temperature rises.

__._,_.___

Posted by: benjatelcom@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment