Monday, December 15, 2014

[Electric Boats] Inaccurate volt meters

 

LED panel voltmeters and also the cheap DVMs I have used are all over the place in accuracy. Or I should say, inaccuracy. I mounted one unit right on my control box, along with a tachometer. I ended up assuming a fully charged bank is 50.9v open circuit after resting for 6 hours, and comparing that to the meter reading, for an approximate correction to the meter. This doesn't sit well with me. I would much rather have a digital panel voltmeter that is accurate and reads to the hundredth of a volt, or at least one that reads to the tenth and is adjustable, so I don't have to do so much arithmetic figuring my state of charge. Sure, I could pay several hundred bucks for a Fluke, but my budget is just too tight. I don't want to use an analog meter on my control box because moving the box disturbs the meter movement. Even the motion of the boat disturbs an analog meter.

So what does everyone else use for a voltmeter?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment