Monday, July 8, 2024

Re: [electricboats] Torqeedo

I much prefer dealing with local businesses. Very useful when you need service. Worth a few $ extra. 

I bought an ePropulsion 1.0 from Annapolis Hybrid Marine. I met them at the US Sailboat Show. They were very helpful in advising me: brought a demo motor to my house (across the Bay) and worked overtime to get what I needed in a time of severe supply chain SNAFUs. 

/
Greg DeCowsky ☠ 
Sent from my AyePhone® 

On Jul 8, 2024, at 18:42, Glenn Holland via groups.io <gholland1=nc.rr.com@groups.io> wrote:


Motors

Guys,  There's something that occurred early this year that bares keeping in mind.  Torqeedo was bought by Yamaha.  Just sayin...keep your eyes and ears OPEN.  Glenn, Torq and Yammer owner.

From: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io> on behalf of bobkart <couch45@msn.com>
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2024 6:37 PM
To: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [electricboats] Torqeedo
 
Back when I was deciding on an electric outboard motor (2021), I found Torqeedo to be overpriced compared to what I settled on (ePropulsion).

On the ePropulsion website you can find approved dealers near you.  Tiny Boat Nation is an approved dealer (for example).

At TBNation.net, I'm seeing $3K for the Navy 3 and $3.6K for the Navy 6.  There will of course be another few hundred dollars for the controller.

My Navy 6 has worked flawlessly on my four-meter power cat.  Through last year I have 40+ trips, 500+ miles, 80+ hours on the motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment