Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Re: [electricboats] 1964 Cheoy Lee Bermuda 30 for sale

It has been a long great run, Eric!

Yours has been one of the longest running voices on these electric boat forums and you will be missed here.

Many times you have given great advice to new folks and shared your experiences.

The electric sailing community has you to thank for pioneering in this.

Fair winds to you!

 

-Myles Twete, Portland, Or.

www.evalbum.com/348

 

From: electricboats@groups.io [mailto:electricboats@groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2024 11:30 AM
To: electricboats@groups.io
Subject: [electricboats] 1964 Cheoy Lee Bermuda 30 for sale

 

I recently moved far away and my life has gone in other directions, it looks like it's time for me to let go.  I converted my CL Bermuda 30 ketch to full electric in 2009.  That conversion and many performance logs were posted here in this group over the years (search on my profile name for my posts).

Serenity is in the water in Marina del Rey in Southern California.  I'm selling her for almost nothing in hopes that a true enthusiast can care for her and enjoy her as much as I have.

Serenity is a 1964 Cheoy Lee Bermuda 30 ketch, with a 5.5kw Propulsion Marine drive and 8kwh LiFePO4 batteries.  The motor is a ME0913 motor, which was sold by many vendors as a 10kw motor.  Sevcon Gen4 controller.  Gear reduction is done with a Browning gear box, over 97% efficient and 50,000 hrs mtbf.  PYI dripless shaft seal. 4 blade prop.   The electric drive works flawlessly and highly efficient. 

Asking $2500.  I am 1000 miles from the boat but can arrange for a quick viewing through a local friend. 

Contact me directly - ewdysaratyahoodotcom.

Fair winds,

Eric

1964 Cheoy Lee Bemuda 30 ketch, 5.5kw Propulsion Marine drive, 8kwh LiFePO4 batteries

Marina del Rey, CA



No comments:

Post a Comment