Thursday, February 10, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Sourcing Electric Outboards

Thanks to all for input. I had seen much of your referenced websites, but not all. Will have to look further. I was trying to keep with my battery max of 24V, but may have to rethink things as there are certainly more options for 48V. It would likely mean going to Li and the other related components. Two 12V AGMs now equal the same weight as the lead ingot ballast taken out. (No more space available and don't want more weight for additional AGMs).
The Golden L-series has a lot of what I need. I do need remote control as I have converted to wheel steering and it's good to be able to pull the pod up under sail. My question with Golden motors is they state "3 Speed". Does this indicate that they are not true PWM controlled? Anyone with speed vs. watt data for these?
My Minn-Kota gets me 2.4 knots with 212 watts. I can get back to the marina with confidence when the wind dies, but it's that extra thrust I would like if I have to fight chop getting past the break-wall when it's blowing.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31848) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment