Thursday, April 29, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Draft Schematic-Please give input

I actually bought 20 plus busbars so that I could keep a few spare. I paid $1437 for all 20 from Xuba on Alibaba, they all arrived yesterday. As easy as ordering on Amazon except for the wait. 


From: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io> on behalf of Bob Jennings <heatnh@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 8:13 AM
To: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [electricboats] Draft Schematic-Please give input
 
Not trying to be nosey but what will t cost for your Lishen bank? Someone else I know has bought from them & they're very pleased with it.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021, 11:08 AM <oreillygb@hotmail.com> wrote:
First Draft of Schematic. Using Lishen 202Ah. I decided to go with the BMS only actively controlling the charge side of the circuit and opted for passive monitoring on the load side. Using a victron 712 for monitoring and hopefully can connect it to a relay to shut off charge circuit at predetermined voltage. Guys please tell me what I have missed.

Couple of points.

1) Passive Load monitoring. I have decided to go this route as i understand that the load BMS can turn off for 2 reasons, obviously first is if whole bank drops to a lower than 20%SOC and secondly if single cells fail. From my perspective if I have a single cell failure I would rather still be able to use the other 15 cells than have no power. If I let my bank drop to below SOC of 20% that's on me.
2) Want to keep house bank separate for now, mainly as if I have to shut off my 48v bank for low SOC I don't want to have to worry about all my electronics being offline.
3) I want a separate relay to shut off charge current so that I can set this manually. When I come back from a sail i want to be able to top bank up to about a 70% SOC for storage. Then on the day I want to sail I can top it off o 90%

No comments:

Post a Comment