Sunday, May 12, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Converting V40 to serial Hybrid help :)

 

Thanks for the insight.. the link was bad for me though and yes I was seeing the BMS system and I have to agree a little premium makes sense for that.

On Sun., May 12, 2019, 09:08 Phil Boyer philaboyer@yahoo.ca [electricboats], <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I have bought solar panels from China in the past (sunsunsolar.com) and have had good success dealing with the vendor and they were custom made for me at a good price. I used Alibaba to find this vendor as well as search for batteries. I would caution to use a BMS battery management system if you are going to series the batteries.
Another caution when dealing with China is you can get good suppliers but also bad suppliers and you can't return things. (I had a bad experience in ordering an electric motor).  

Regards
Phil

On Saturday, May 11, 2019, 8:30:10 p.m. EDT, Abdullah Dimion abdullahdimion@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

Hi Guys and Gals, tried to send a message earlier, I think I messed it up if this is a duplicate sorry please ignore.

So my theoretical set up would be;
20 kw electric drive (guessing it's around 1,500 cad)
1,200 AH 12v Bank Lifepo4 (guessing $12k cad)
7000 watt generator ($1,000 cad adapt a portable)
700 watt solar power ($3,000 cad?)
Misc stuff $2,000 cad?
Wind Gen? Regen on the electric drive? ($??)

My Valiant 40 has a westerbeke 40 in it right now I'll be ripping out and selling for whatever I can get. I had looked at a parallel system from BetaMarine and it was 25k, opposed to roughly 12k for a new straight diesel. For 25k.. the parallel system just wasn't worth it, so I have been looking at serial systems and it seems like for 15-16k Cad I could get set up decently.

I am intending on begining to cruise in 2024, while doing extensive refits up to that point. I am just wondering with this system could I push with the electric drive for say 20 ish hrs at 3-4 knots/hr, running the genny the second it starts drawing battery power down and assuming we would have 6hrs of good sun? Or do I need a better genny/solar or bank?

Also thinking, instead of a house bank and a drive bank run everything off of one bank and use inverters as needed? So would I be better off dropping more $$ on batteries and doing a 1200 ah 24v bank and getting a 24v drive? Also the chinese lithium batteries I see as being 20-30% cheaper then american batteries so instead of getting 12 100 ah lifepo4 batteries from a north American supplies could I get an 1600 ah bank for the same price using chinese? Are they any good? Or could i get a 3k ah bank for 12k?!?!? Pricing this stuff is confusing as all heck lol

Any rate any help guys?
Abd

P.s if a cost competitive parallel system exists, im interested just cant find any. My bottom line is trying to make my cruising as cheap as possible.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Abdullah Dimion <abdullahdimion@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment