Saturday, May 11, 2019

[Electric Boats] Valiant 40 to serial hybrid?

 

Hey guys, I am entertaining the idea of converting my V40 to a serial hybrid. Originally I was looking at Parallel systems, but they seem far more cost prohibitive then going serial (I thought the redundancy of parallel was a neat bonus).

Any rate, I have been looking a 20kw brush electric drives and seeing they are around $1,500 cad, lithium batteries for 100ah @12v seem to range from $700 to 1k Cad and gennies anywhere from 1k to 15k...

Questions are as such, my budget can be fairly decent but I prefer not to waste cash.. but I want something that will be extremely cheap to cruise and maintain for when I quit working. But what I would like is a Electric drive that could go for say 24hrs straight at 4-5 knots/hr? Or maybe 3-4???

I was thinking a 1,200 AH 12v Lifepo4 bank, 700 watt solar system, wind turbine and 7000 watt diesel genny (so i can keep the diesel tanks possibly...)

The math for electric drives is beyond me, but am I on the right course? Do i need to up it to a 24v 1200 ah bank? Bigger genny? Whats the opinions here? Also my wife is talking about going pure electric but im on the fence.. figure keep diesel for the stove/oven and maybe a heater at some point.. figured ovens draw to much power and if i have the Electric drive drawing power I may lose to much to quick...

Any rate the system I have been pricing out and figure I could do it for roughly 15k cad thanks to canadian tire money and other perks... the betamarine hybrid i was looking at would be 25k i believe was the quote and a new beta diesel was around 12k... so i am willing to pay a little premium to go electric... but if it is astoundingly more money i may just stay diesel... also the 1000 AH 12v chinese lifepo4 batteries they sell winston?? I think how much do those run.. if they are cheap.. i could always do 3 of them.. anyrate anyone want to give some advice or let me know how much i may be in to it for?

Also id be selling my westerbeke 40 in the pnw so i could offset cost doing that.

Any rate thanks for any insight sorry for the ramble.
Ab

__._,_.___

Posted by: abdullahdimion@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment