Sunday, February 24, 2019

[Electric Boats] Re: Sailboat Props - Data Please

 

We have a Tartan 27-2, full keel/CB with cutaway forefoot, with the Thunderstruck 8.5 kw kit, 13 x 10" three bladed prop, and 3:1 belt drive reduction. I did the conversion about 7 years ago and am pleased with the results. I will say I went too big on the reduction; should of stayed closer to 2:1. The prop, which was original to the 12 hp diesel that came out, I had re-pitched to 11.5", which gave the boat more oomph. I may change the pulleys at some point. I get about 4 hours range@ 4.25 kts, which is fine for what we need. The batteries are 190 amp Trojan T890 8v.


Fred Liesegang
Eagle
Tartan 27-2

__._,_.___

Posted by: fred4936@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment