Wednesday, February 27, 2019

[Electric Boats] Connecting a TSM2500 Charger to Batrium BMS

 

I need help from a CANBUS expert. I have a CAN enabled TSM2500 charger supplied by Thunderstruck, it  is controlled by a serial port Electric  Vehicle Charge Controler. The EVCC  is used to set charge parameters and saved in the non-volatile memory.  My intention is to connect the TSM2500 charger direct to a Batrium BMS via the CANBUS connections. I do not need JI772 functionality as it is a boat and will be charged by a 240 volt 15amp shore power supply. Removing the on-board EVCC will simplify my installation. I have the Batrium BMS Starter Kit: Watchmon4 + 16 BlockMon M8 + SoC% sensor 

See Batrium link below:

https://www.batrium.com/collections/starter-kit/products/starter-kit-watchmon-16s-blockmon-m8-shuntmon2-500a

What changes do I need to do to the TSM2500 to allow it to integrate will the Batrium BMS?  I have EVCC running with the serial port utilities connected. I only thing I have done to date is set maxv, maxc, termc and termt.  On the Batrium website they have the same charger as a TSM2500 although they reference it as an Enpower.  The instructions are vague and I am hesitant to attempt the connection until I have more information. For instance do you have the charger output to the battery bank and 240volt input connected during commissioning?

See Enpower Connection link below:

https://www.batrium.com/pages/how-to-control-a-enpower-charger-with-a-watchmon

Can anybody advise me how they went about setting up their charger. The Batrium BMS is connected and functioning with no problems at all on my 240AH 16S 48volt Himax LiFePO4 battery bank.
--
Kind regards Mick 0414 264 312

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael Ryan <mryanqld@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment