Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Flange coupler for Thunderstruct gear reduction

When I did ours, I had to order stepped keyways. The sprockets and chains offer more strength than the flex couplers, mine were cracked from age and stress.
First mark the position of your shaft and support it in place. I used some webbing and supported it from above. Use a three-jaw puller to remove old coupler. I used a wood clamp on my shaft to reduce the slide. I then used a sand hammer to pop the chain hubs and keyways onto the shafts. It's a juggling act for sure. It worked, my install was in the water, I was afraid of running the props into the rudders.

John
S/V Retreat Time

John Winterrowd 702 343 1492 4.2.1. Email Disclaimer NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED, except by the intended recipient. Attempts to intercept this message are in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2511(1) of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines, imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify me.

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 11:05:12 AM EDT, <anton.slutsky@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello group,

New here, question for the group.  Converting a Cal 2-29 to electric using Thunderstruck kits.  The kits come with a chain coupler, but was wondering if anyone had any experience using a flange coupler instead?  Not that I mind pulling the current coupler off the shaft, but the boat is in the water and if I can avoid tugging and banging on the shaft, would definitely be better I think :-).  

 

Would anyone had any experience with Thunderstruck kits and flange couplers?

 

TIA!

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32014) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment