Thursday, July 7, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Flange coupler for Thunderstruct gear reduction

Thank you Darin!  I did consider the chain flexible coupler, but the existing 4" shaft adapter has a nice, beefy looking rubber flexible coupler from the old transmission.  Figure might as well try to reuse it and looking at videos how to remove a coupler, with my luck I'll damage the seal :)

Anton

On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 12:21 PM Darin <armyofpenguins@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Anton, 

I'm sure you've already considered this, but just in case: 

The chain coupler is a 'flexible' coupler, so if you ever have any small alignment issues as I did after changing motor mounts and again later after replacing the prop strut, you may find this flexibility useful.  Good luck!

Darin Christen
SV Serious Moonlight
Anacortes, WA

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 2:46 PM <anton.slutsky@gmail.com> wrote:
thank you I found the Buck Algonquin site -- exactly what I need!

--
Best Regards,
Anton Slutsky, Ph.D.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32028) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment