Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Storage of LiFe PO4 Battery for 6 Months

They store better at around 3.4v each and just unplugged.  I stored 16 for over 2 years that way in Ak with temp down to 5F.  They have very low internal resistance so it takes a very long time to discharge,

 

From: electricboats@groups.io <electricboats@groups.io> On Behalf Of Draggett@live.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 3:11 PM
To: electricboats@groups.io
Subject: [electricboats] Storage of LiFe PO4 Battery for 6 Months

 

I have recently purchased a bank of 8 LiFePO4 12v 100ah batteries for my sailboat. However progress on the refit is taking longer than I anticipated. I will be heading back to Canada from Florida shortly and would like to give the batteries the best chance at a long life. I'll be returning in 6 months and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how best to store thhe batteries to ensure longevity. They will be fully charged before I leave and will be kept in an air conditioned space at 78F for a Florida summer.

Should I leave them disconnected for the six months?
Should I connect them together in parallel and leave them.
Should I connect them in parallel and leave them on a 12v trickle charger?
Should I connect them into the configuration in which I'll be using them (48v) and leave them?
Should I connect them as above and leave them on a 48v charger?
Other storage strategy.

Any advice deeply appreciated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment