Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Direction and Throttle Direction Controls

 

On 22/11/17 07:22, king_of_neworleans wrote:

>
>
> There are settings you can fiddle with to cut the reversing time down
> and allow greater torque at startup, but really, with the throttle set
> on stop, the shaft should stop turning in just a couple of seconds
> unless you are really hauling ass.

I have a prop with a good 'bite' (Same prop that was paired with the
direct drive 2 stroke) and the boat has quite some inertia, the prop can
continue to rotate for 10-15 seconds. And i'd rather it no go into
braking mode when the throttle is at 0 as I may really want to 'coast'.
What it needs to do is go into high regen braking the moment you go past
0 to slow the shaft quickly and then reverse.

>
> I feel your pain. Getting them to understand anything at Kelly tech
> and product support is an incredibly difficult task. By that, I mean
> basically impossible. I have been trying forever to get them to change
> the "ammeter" signal  that gives a percentage of some unknown and
> arbitrary max current that is of little use to me, to an output and a
> meter scale that gives me actual input current in amps, and they don't
> listen, saying that its too inconvenient for them,

I had exactly the same conversation with them - I use a 400amp
controller on with a 100amp motor - just to make sure there is plenty of
head room. The amps out is not scaled, so the meter never went past 1/4
deflection. I tried to ask if they could scale the meter off the current
limit setting, not the full rated load, but they didn't seem to
understand what I was asking.

>   I try to get them to port the configuration software to Linux and
> they are like, "Well, we don't use Linux, so no. Why dont you just use
> Windoze, like we do?", so I can't use my perfectly good computer to
> make adjustments.

 It works under VirtualBox :-). You do need a valid windows license for
the virtual machine though.
 
> I was surprised when they came out with Android software, TBH. It was
> a HYOOOGE PITA to borrow a WinDOHs computer to fiddle with my
> controller settings. But that's Kelly. OTOH I accidentally shorted out
> two phase terminals with a quarter from a spilled coffee can full of
> laundry change, resulting in a very loud flash bang event,

The output terminals on the PM controllers are awfully close. Once the
terminal bolts are secured there is only a few mm clearance.
Fortunately a few mm is enough clearance at 48v. A dropped paperclip
could short my output terminals. (However this is very very unlikely to
happen :-)

>
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Matthew Geier <matthew@acfr.usyd.edu.au>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment