Tuesday, November 7, 2017

[Electric Boats] E repower Hunter 450 Passage

 

Hello Everyone,

 

I own a Hunter 450 Passage with 8kw Kohler 220v AC Genset and Yanmar 4JH2 HTE engine. The engine is water damaged so I am thinking electric conversion. 

 

The engine is 75 HP with the boat weight of 10000kg (its a 45ft boat). I think that 40-50 hp diesel engine would be enough to get it to the 7-8 knots.

 

I also have two 90w solar panels and 8 Trojan 6v T105 225AH batteries.

 

What would be the best solution to repower?

Also are there controllers which can take 12v from the batteries as well as 220v AC from the genset to create a hybrid propulsion?


Some additional info:


1. I am located in Hong Kong. It is very difficult to replace the engine here. It is very expensive and majority of mechanics are not reliable. 

2. The boat will be used for coastal sailing. So most of the time the engine will be running only to get to my mooring and out. This is about 5 mins at 10% power or so.

3. I understand that 40hp diesel engine is about 20hp electric engine bcz of alternator, pumps etc loads. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4. 8kw coming out of my genset will give me 6-7 knots in calm conditions.


Thank you.


__._,_.___

Posted by: andrei.schwaer@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment