Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Introduction

 

That's about right. Generally, people opt for a 2-hour pack. That is a 10kwh battery for a ~5kw propulsion system. That gives a good day-sailing or weekending performance envelope. Anything further and you are really looking into a serious method of recharging. Lots of solar panels, small genset, etc. 

My boat (just outside Montreal) I have a 1-hour pack (5120wh) for my 5kw propulsion system. The bulk of my sailing is day outings, and racing. I store a 2000w inverter generator on shore for when I will head out for a little cruise. The generator can power the boat to 4kts without touching the battery. 

If you're around Montreal next season, let me know. I love showing the boat as it gives me an excuse to go sailing. 

Cheers,

/Jason

--
Jason Taylor
v:514-815-8204

On Nov 29, 2017, at 08:44, Phil Cook philcook@rogers.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hi all
I'm new to the group and am looking at the feasibility of repowering a contessa 26 (that we are refitting) with electric.
I'm a little sceptical about the science and capabilities of electric. Weight and range seem to be of greatest issue. It seems that an hour or two at hull speed is about all one can expect from 6 batteries. 6 batteries seem to be quite a weight penalty and have substantial space and cost variables as well.
I'm interested in everyone's comments. Thoughts?

Phil Cook
MBA CET LEED AP

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jason (Electric Boats) Taylor" <jt.yahoo@jtaylor.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (43)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
P1160133.JPG P1160148.JPG

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment