Saturday, July 23, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: AC vs DC motors

 

Hi Hannu/Miles,

My max shaft speed high torque/low rpm Lynch D135 brushed DC motor is 800 rpm. My cruise is 1,000 watts at around 4 knots on average and at my voltage/amps combination of my motor it is running at 89 to 90% efficient at that output . Peak motor is 92%. Overall system efficiency Inc prop is about 51% with direct drive, so a perecent here and there at that power output is nothing, and using efficient Lithiums helps too.

See this spreadsheet I did for confirmation of my performance.

http://john.rushworth.com/Elektra_Performance_June_2016.xlsx

John R.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail app
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment