Friday, July 31, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Commendable Service from Kelly Controllers

 

As long as we're praising controller companies I think my experience with Alltrax has got you beat. 

I have an Alltrax DCX500 controller on the Arc that worked flawlessly for almost three years and nearly 2000 miles of cruising. Then one day when we went to pull up anchor to head out and the 48V relay didn't click like it always did when I turned on the toggle switch. Despite all my efforts I couldn't make it work and since it was well out of the the two year warrantee I resigned myself to just buy a new and did so because I wanted to get back to cruising as quickly as possible. 

But after buying the new one from EVdrives, I made arrangements to send the old one back to see if it could be fixed for a reasonable cost so I would have a spare. About a week later I recieved a call from the Altrax tech who informed me there was a bad component in the unit and that it could not be repaired however it was thier opinion that this failed component had been defective from the beginning and should not have failed so they were going to send me a new controller at NO COST to me. WOW!

About a week later I recieved my new spare controller. Making good on your warrantee almost a year after it has expired! Now that's customer service! 

Many thanks to Altrax and EVdrives for thier exceptional service after the sale.

Capt. Carter
www.shipofimagination.com



On Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:05 PM, king_of_neworleans <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:




I blew the phase A mosfets in my old Kelly KBL48301X controller a while back, and ordered a new KBL48501E controller as a replacement/upgrade, then sent the KBL48301X back to the factory for repair. Their tech guy looked at it the same day they received it and I got this in an email:

We found A phase are damaged.
And our engineer found there is 2.2ohm resistor with issue for power supply part
And he used a direct wrie to do the testing.Then the Phase C problem is we worse than when we received it.
There is a little problem with Phase C when you send it out.
Right now there are two many Mosfets damaged on controller.
So we will not repair this controller.

We will ship a new KBL48301X controller with joystick for you as replacement directly.

So it looks like they are going to send me a brand new unit. I just wanted everyone to know that they apparently don't believe in stiffing their customers. The joystick firmware is an upgrade that they also threw in for free. I'm feeling a little more warm and fuzzy about this company, even if they do refuse to develop a configuration utility for their controllers that runs on Linux, and even if they do insist on using an antiquated RS-232 serial port interface. They are doing the right thing by me, and now I will still have a backup controller.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Carter Quillen <twowheelinguy@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment