Friday, July 17, 2015

[Electric Boats] Re: 31' Sailboat Conversion

 

So the Westerbeke is a 25L which was of common use in Europe,,, not so much her in the U.S., and is

an odd bird even as far as Westerbeke goes.  It is actually a Watermota Sea Panther.  I know it was

rebuilt at least once in Seattle during a trip up from Crescent Harbor.  Hours are unknown.  The vessel

did much coastal sailing in her early years.  The fresh water pump is leaking at the pully/impeller shaft

housing, which is a pretty specific component to this engine.  Anyhow, I have always wanted to go electric

anyhow, so that is my intended endeavor.  I will likely keep the engine, and crate it after I repair or rebuild

it and keep all the associated items for any possible future owner of the boat.  I typo'ed earlier, the draft

is 6.5 feet.


 

__._,_.___

Posted by: yougottheball@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment