Wednesday, July 29, 2015

[Electric Boats] Commendable Service from Kelly Controllers

 

I blew the phase A mosfets in my old Kelly KBL48301X controller a while back, and ordered a new KBL48501E controller as a replacement/upgrade, then sent the KBL48301X back to the factory for repair. Their tech guy looked at it the same day they received it and I got this in an email:

We found A phase are damaged.
And our engineer found there is 2.2ohm resistor with issue for power supply part
And he used a direct wrie to do the testing.Then the Phase C problem is we worse than when we received it.
There is a little problem with Phase C when you send it out.
Right now there are two many Mosfets damaged on controller.
So we will not repair this controller.

We will ship a new KBL48301X controller with joystick for you as replacement directly.

So it looks like they are going to send me a brand new unit. I just wanted everyone to know that they apparently don't believe in stiffing their customers. The joystick firmware is an upgrade that they also threw in for free. I'm feeling a little more warm and fuzzy about this company, even if they do refuse to develop a configuration utility for their controllers that runs on Linux, and even if they do insist on using an antiquated RS-232 serial port interface. They are doing the right thing by me, and now I will still have a backup controller.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment