Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Re: [electricboats] Recommendation for 48 v inboard motor + generator.

Hey Folks - I apologize for not maybe having all the specifics needed for this but related to this thread and a somewhat more simple question:

I did buy the Pearson 10M that had been converted to 10 kW Thunderstruck with 2x24 x 2 48V bank w/ 196 AH. 
Presently there is no other way on the boat to recharge other than plugged in on a slip. 
Looking at everything, I figure that purchasing a gas generator is the best insurance on expanding range and dealing with extended draw conditions (currents, etc)
So my question is this - does it make a big difference whether the generator I get is 2,000 vs. 5000 W ? 
I am looking on Craigslist and I can find quite a few used 5,000 W generators for good prices - I expect space is a consideration as well. I guess my main question is what would I gain from getting a 5,000 W generator vs. the smaller, more portable and perhaps more quiet 2,000W ones?

Trying to take care of some of these purchases this winter -

Thanks,
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32542) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment