Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Elco vs ePropulsion

I would love to know how much speed you get from that prop. From the literature I have read and the theory that eprop borrowed from torq. Is the 6 is still only designed for the same top end speed as the three just able to so it on a heavier boat.

When I showed him the literature the dealer that was going to sell me the 6 cuz I was thinking the same as you said your right let's order you the 3.

I have heard of folks printing their own but I have lost track of them when various lists shifted away from yahoo. Was hoping some of the guys were here.

If your in a rocky area a printer will pay for itself pretty quick at the prices these guys are charging g for props.

Nick



Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.


-------- Original message --------
From: "F. Neil" <fneilss@gmail.com>
Date: 2022-11-02 8:14 a.m. (GMT-05:00)
To: electricboats@groups.io
Subject: Re: [electricboats] Elco vs ePropulsion

I went with the Navy 6, even though it's a bit big for my skiff, because it offered both high torque and high pitch 3 blade prop options. I would have preferred the lighter/less expensive Navy 3, but it offers only a single, two blade compromise prop that would not give me the speed I need. So I agree they need more prop options for the Navy 3.

These props are fiberglass reinforced plastic - do you think you could 3D print a prop that would be strong enough? 

No comments:

Post a Comment