Saturday, October 8, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Cutis 1238-5601 Motor controller failure.

Mine did something similar, check the motor encoder, thunderstruck has a page explaining how to change out and test.

John Winterrowd 702 343 1492 4.2.1. Email Disclaimer NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. ANY DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED, except by the intended recipient. Attempts to intercept this message are in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2511(1) of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines, imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify me.

On Friday, October 7, 2022, 05:10:08 PM EDT, Anton <antonherbert@earthlink.net> wrote:




Hello,

I have a thunderstruck motor system Ac34 kit in my sailboat.

I recently had a failed contractor and seem to have fried the motor controller.  (Curtis 1238-5601)

I was getting error message 37 "motor open".

I spoke with Bill over at HPEVS, when I told him the leads from controller to motor tested good, he right away suspected the controller.

He was going to have me send it in to them to see if they could fix it, but when I told him I could hear something rattling around inside he said sounds like a fried MOSFET and suggested I send it to FSIP in Pa.

FSIP will ONLY do a full reconditioning for $1200.00, tempting as it will come back like new condition with a one year warranty.

But I was curious if anyone knows a place that might just fix what is broken and cost much less, or if any one has opened up the case of one of the Curtis controllers and had any luck replacing burned out mosfet's.

I think FSIP's price to rebuild will be the same even if I was to mess up up even further!

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Anton




_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32166) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment