Friday, October 28, 2022

Re: [electricboats] 3-5 Kw 48v motor

Love to see plans. What's the finished weight?


On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 6:52 PM, steve sawtelle via groups.io
<swsyah=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm building a Pocketship and considered a pod motor, but I read a paper that showed that the pod drag becomes a large percent as boat weight goes down; which does make sense. I just hadn't thought of it that way. I'm thinking I'm going to use a epropulsion Evo with remote throttle, and raise it up when sailing. It does have regeneration, so I could put it down if winds are strong (needs over 4 knots to start regen). But again, the drag will be large on a lighter boat.

-Steve

> On Oct 28, 2022, at 5:58 PM, shredderf16 <Shredderf16@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>  I'm building a 12 foot cat dinghy. I'm probably going to go with the Elco outboard but thinking of a longtail type inboard instead. I haven't been following motors for a couple of years. Looking for a 3-5 kw brushless motor and controller. Please let me know of which motor you guys would pick.
> Thanks,
> Jerry Barth
>
>
>
>






_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32171) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment