Friday, June 24, 2022

Re: [electricboats] 48V 10kW vs 20/30hp ICE

I converted my 40ft sailboat from 2 cylinder diesel 28 hp to a Thunderstruck 10kw kit.  I used a 48v lead acid for 2 years  then converted to a diy 48v 400ah lifepo 4  I installed ANT bms to monitor and program my battery perameters.   I was very pleased with the performance and range. The lead acid used more electricity to charge than the lifepo4    I have a new sailboat with sail drive and intend to remove the 30 hp yanmar diesel engine and use a similar kit for the electric conversion.  I hope this helps   thank you  kind regards Larry Schmitz

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 7:59 PM Rumble <rumble@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
Hi, thanks for your information Jeffrey. Even though I have worked the stats on boat sizes v engine sizes etc, I am very happy with my existing 2 x 30hp Volvos in our 35ft 16500lb displacement catamaran. I wouldn't go less. Anyhow, I am starting by replacing one engine and upgrading the alternator on the other, and go from there.
There's plenty of room for 1 or 2 x 300A 48V lithium bank but still tying loose ends with BMS and max amperage types and arrangements.  I am sure 12-15kW would probably be more aligned with my existing engine setup, but I can't find much in the 48V range.
GM no longer have a 15kW but recommend the 10kW.  Controllers....won't start on these. 
Hence my question, as I won't go 72V unless I really need the 12-15kW size. Cheers.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32001) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment