Friday, October 29, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Elco outboards

Update: I've completed the build of my Fleet. My battery cells are stuck in a container off LA, and the delivery of my Elco has been delayed several times due to supply chain issues for motor parts. 

So I picked up a Mercury (Tohatsu rebadge) 6hp 4 stroke to use until I can get the electric config delivered and set up. The boat runs beautifully, with a top speed of 17mph solo, and about 13mph with a passenger. Easy cruise is 10-12 mph, with the motor getting 25-30 mpg at that rate (30 mpg solo, 25 mpg with passenger and some gear). It can be driven at any speed desired (no 'step' to planing speed).

If the little motor wasn't so noisy and rough I'd be tempted to just stick with gas power, but the prospect of quieter, smoother, cleaner electric propulsion is still very appealing, if I ever get the components delivered!

Will update again when I've got the electrification complete.

Neil


_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31694) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment