Sunday, June 20, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Naive newbie questions

Yes the motor is from a go-kart kit you can get on eBay Amazon Alibaba 1800 w I did upgrade the controller so that I could get full power in reverse and for the last 2 years I've been running that to get in and out of the slip help me when I'm not quite balanced to make the turn. The initial deal card kit included the throttle controller and the motor and it was about $130. I upgraded the controller using a new Yang King model. 

On Fri, May 14, 2021, 11:46 AM dfornis <davidfornborg@gmail.com> wrote:
Darin:
Those are some great points. I agree with you, after doing some more research, that these motors are probably not suited for sustained 3kw output. They cheap out by providing a controller that will only do ~2kw at 48v. But still, that might be enough if it's only about getting in and out of the slip and perhaps motoring a bit in calm weather. We don't really have any tides to fight where I sail. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Phil: Are you saying that you have a go cart-kit installed that works for you? What kind of boat do you have and what's your battery setup? :-)

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31546) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment