Wednesday, November 14, 2018

[Electric Boats] New Member

 

My name is Tom Issermoyer and I am a new member. I currently own an electric boat I use to fish the Baltimore Maryland water supply reservoirs with access restricted to electric boats only. I bought a used 15 ft jon boat, and purchased a heavy trailer to accommodate the weight of an electric boat. I built a flat floor, fishing decks and battery covers from aluminum. I painted the exposed aluminum with non-skid textured paint. I installed seats, bilge pump, Minn Kota trolling motor, two Humminbird depth finders and a Ray Electric Outboard Motor (Ray).


The Ray is a 48 volt tiller model built around 2005. I use 8 - 6 volt batteries Deka batteries for the Ray and two additional 12 volt AGM batteries to power the trolling motor and depth finders. I joined this group so I can learn more about electric boating.  Many Baltimore electric boaters are spending over $20,000 increasing motor size and using lithium batteries to increase speed and range. I hope to maximize range and speed of my boat without spending large amounts of money.


Tom Issermoyer

__._,_.___

Posted by: THOMAS ISSERMOYER <tjisser@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (59)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment