Saturday, October 12, 2024

Re: [electricboats] Cells seem to have stopped increasing voltage when balancing

Peter,
   No clue. I just did the math and based on your voltage and amp readings (12 watts coming in) and came up with 7 days. The last time I did this myself it was a week to 10 days. Longest I've heard of from one of my buddies was 2-3 weeks. It really depends on the SOC when you first parallel them. Will Prowse on You Tube has a couple of videos on this. Watch them and maybe he's got some insight.
Jerry



On October 12, 2024, at 8:37 AM, Peter Knowlton <pqknowlton@gmail.com> wrote:


Since this group has provided me with the soundest advice I am coming back for some more, on a similarly related issue dealing with balancing my 16 Eve 3.2v 280 ah LifePo4 batteries. I purchased a dc power supply as advised. Charged the cells to 3.27, give or take, and then put the 16 cells in parallel. That was 10 days ago.  Put the dials at 3.7v and 3.52 ah. They are all now at 33.09v after 10 days, although the two end batteries are 3.10v. That is probably fine as it goes but here's the issue I need advice on: The batteries have not advanced from the 33.10/33.09 for over a day now. Every day before this the battery voltage would increase only a few tenths of a volt, but there was a steady increase. However, with no increase in the last 24 hours I am wondering if they are topped out, despite what I'm reading and seeing from others that they should be balanced to at least 3.5v. Any ideas why they might be "stalled" or are they topped out? Should I just patiently wait a little longer to see what happens or does no change in the last 24 hours mean they are topped out and ready to go? Thanks for whatever ideas you have.
 
Peter
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#32724) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment