Thursday, December 29, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Newbie looking for guidance

What kind of boat do you have, Tom ?
Here we have all kinds of boats...

What is an "A4" engine (please describe), and what kind of connection do you have between the engine and the prop ?

If you strip the fossile engine, it will be hell to put it back. Good thing is - you will never want to go back !

Carsten


On Thursday, 29 December 2022 at 23:09:42 CET, Tom@saltyachts.com <tom@saltyachts.com> wrote:


Thank You All,
It is the 30hp A4 currently installed
I know converting from a good running A4 to electric isn't exactly logical but what in boating is?  I do want to try going electric, it suites the way we use her.
If I do it I will use the existing running gear, as easy as it to acess the A4, I may want to put it back in at times.
The hull is very efficent up to 4-6kts (it gets there at idle now) 
Currently if I want to run a trot line I need to drag two 5 gal buckets to go slow enough...The electric will allow for that slow troll.


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment