Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Re: [electricboats] Storage of LiFe PO4 Battery for 6 Months

I think the advice you got from Myles was pretty comprehensive. If you don't have any BMS turned on I think you will see very little self discharge. I've got powerwall batteries that have been stored for a year powered down and had no detectable self-discharge. The paperwork that came with them says 1%/year. 

On Apr 5, 2022, at 14:05, Draggett@live.com wrote:

Latest. The manufacturer was of no help. Just suggested they not be stored more than 6 months. No tech specs. I guess I'm on my own. When I get back in the fall I'll test them again and let you all know how they fared. I connected them in parallel for several days to let them balance, Then charged them together. Disconnected them all from each other and stored them flat. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment