Saturday, April 27, 2019

Re: [Electric Boats] Battery Pack initial balance

 

I would. If you have the time, paralleling can save the BMS a lot of equalizing work. 

On Apr 27, 2019, at 10:23 AM, kd5crs@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hello,


I'm about to install my traction pack into my boat. It is a 2p4s pack made from 8 Valence LiFePo4 U27-12XPs. I've got a BMS (custom) and Thunderstruck 48V charger.


I individually charged all of the batteries to an initial 80% SOC as reported by the BMS.


My question: Should I hook all the batteries together in parallel (so 8p1s, 12V) and wait for them to fully equalize before connecting them in their final configuration (2p4s, 48V) and charging at 48V? My reasoning is that if they are all in parallel until they equalize, each one will be sure to have the same "charge in the tank" to start with.


Are there any hazards this setup would introduce, like would it be stressful on the center or end batteries in the parallel string? Or do I have this concept wrong, and charge will equalize throughout the pack in 2p4s and I don't need to do more than put them in 2p4s and wait prior to charging at 48V?


Thanks,

Brian

__._,_.___

Posted by: "james@deny.org" <james@deny.org>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment