Sunday, July 15, 2018

[Electric Boats] Re: converting Haswing Osapian trolling motor to PWM

 

During a boisterous day sailing yesterday, the 60A PWM motor controller failed. It may have gotten a drop of water, but not sure. The motor wouldn't turn when I needed it, so I turned off the controller, but left the main switch on. About an hour later, the motor started thrashing, so I went for the main switch. Later on, I tried to use the controller, but all I got when I turned the main switch on was some smoke from the controller. I ended up sailing and rowing the rest of the way home, but missed my lunch stop.

This was a cheap Chinese 60A controller that I installed in a small waterproof case. However, the case was a lot yesterday.

__._,_.___

Posted by: cpcanoesailor@yahoo.ca
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

Check out the automatic photo album with 8 photo(s) from this topic.
P1040736.jpg P1040735.jpg Screen shot 2016-09-19 at 8.03.20 AM.png Screen shot 2016-09-19 at 8.10.42 AM.png P1040910.jpg

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


SPONSORED LINKS
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment