Thursday, May 3, 2018

Re: [Electric Boats] Thanks for adding to your group

 

Thanks Peter,
I will look into Electroprop and contact them for their information and what they offer.  

I would appreciate looking at the photos.  I am about to pull out the diesel motor and clean that space. Can't wait to get rid of the smell. 

 I received a plan from the folks at Electric Yacht and their recommendations on motor, charger and battery bank.. It looks like it will cost around $7000 or so depending on battery type/capacity.

Thanks again for the information and I look forward to seeing the pictures. 

Rickey Bruce
Mandeville, Louisiana
504-430-4882


On May 3, 2018, at 2:01 PM, peter beckett pcbeckett@gmail.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hi Rickey 

  I installed an electric motor from a company called Electroprop ( James Lambden) and have been very pleased with it. Electroprop provided all the equipment that I needed and it came all connected in a box. All I had to do was decide where to put the batteries and chargers etc which I can share photos with you. I have a binnacle which has controls for forward/reverse and motor on/ off on it. I used the controls already there. The great thing about the Catalina 30 is it has great space for the motor and Batteries
 Mine is an 83 boat like yours 
 My wife loves the no fumes that an electric motor gives you. 
 I plan on solar panels for next winter but charge the batteries from shore power right now. 

Rgds Peter

On May 3, 2018, at 1:06 AM, Rickey Bruce rickbruce5@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I am in the process of re-powering a 1983 Catalina 30' sailboat. I am gathering information about possibly installing an electric motor and solar recharging battery bank.

Rickey Bruce
Mandeville, Louisiana
504-430-4882

__._,_.___

Posted by: Rickey Bruce <rickbruce5@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment