Friday, April 29, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Sea going liveaboard

 


Hi Robert,
I'd be keen to hear how your project develops.
Best regards from sunny Scotland.
Brian

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E." <relmason@...> wrote:
>
> Hey Brian,
> Parts of my electric drive are arriving and I hope to get down to real
> business soon. I'll keep you posted.
>
> Robert
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:40 PM, BRIAN JONES
> <benachiesween@...>wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Hi Robert,
> > I would appreciate any information on your project and its progress.
> > I omitted to mention my plan is for a motor cruiser rather than a sailboat
> > but I'm sure its a matter of tailoring the package to the boat.
> > I plan to do my cruising during the summer months and hope to provide the
> > power from PVs, a suitable bank of batteries and a backup generator.
> > Regards,
> > Brian
> >
> >
> > --- On *Mon, 11/4/11, Robert E. <relmason@...>* wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Robert E. <relmason@...>
> > Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Sea going liveaboard
> > To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Monday, 11 April, 2011, 22:09
> >
> >
> > I have a 6.5 kW Propulsion Marine drive on order going in my 35' Columbia
> > which displaces 13,900 lbs. My wife and I will be moving aboard full time
> > after the conversion. I can keep you posted with results.
> >
> > Robert
> >
> >
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM, BRIAN <benachiesween@...<http://uk.mc862.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=benachiesween@...>
> > > wrote:
> >
> >
> > I'm looking to buy a 35-40ft displacement boat as a liveaboard for
> > cruising west coast Scotland. I've looked at a number of boats and a few of
> > them require new engines which got me thinking of alternative power for
> > propulsion. Anyone on this site have an electric vessel of this size/weight?
> > Brian
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > *Robert E*.
> >
> > ~~*(*\_~~~~~*(*\_~~~
> > ~~~~*(*\_~~~~*(*\_~~
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> *Bob*
> *
> *
> *
> *
>
> ~~*(*\_~~~~~*(*\_~~~
> ~~~~*(*\_~~~~*(*\_~~
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment