Friday, April 22, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Hybrid motors

 

Call West Marine, they sell Mastervolt gear. 


On Apr 20, 2011, at 5:44 PM, Rob Johnson wrote:

 

Is anybody able to give a price comparison between the Mastervolt Hybridmaster 9.6 , and a Drivemaster Ultra Hybrid 7.5 ?.
Rob J.


From: Rob Johnson <dopeydriver@yahoo.com.au>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 20 April, 2011 3:26:27 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Hybrid motors



Well , I've found that some of the hybrid motors can't handle being hooked to anything more powerful than a 40hp diesel.
I was eyeing off the Hybridmaster 9.6 to hook on to a Perkins 108 , but no can do it seems.
Incidently the Hybridmaster , only good for slow speed stuff for me , cost as much as the whole boat !.
But I've been assured that the Drivemaster Ultra Hybrid 7.5kw will be able to handle the Perkins , and give me slow speed work.It looks a strong unit.
I still haven't got a price though.
I priced the STEYR hybrid 7.5 kw hooked to their smallest 55 hp diesel , that should get me to 5 knots flat out with the electric on calm waters , which is ok by me.
But the whole hybrid setup alone costs 250% of what I paid for the boat , with the good Perkins in it.
Then there was the battery packs.
Starting from $4247 for 4 lead acid batteries and charger , to $19,665 for 2 Lithium Ion battery packs , with all of the gizmos that have to go with it , it seems.
But that means I'd be paying 400% of what I paid for the boat , for no extra power , just a slow speed capability !.
Oh , it would be very very good , but thats a lot of money . If I put it in to diesel , well I wouldn't make a dent in it.
Very discouraging !. 
Rob J.




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment